The course aims to provide students with the understanding and skills to undertake statistical analysis of longitudinal data.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Fit Linear Regression Models
2. Fit Generalised Linear Mixed Models
3. Fit linear regression models in a Generalised Estimating Equation framework
The course will cover the following material:
- Revision of linear regression
- Basic concepts of longitudinal data including graphical and statistical methods for summarising the data
- Fitting linear models and linear mixed models to longitudinal data including residual analysis and diagnostics
- Review of generalised linear models as related to linear and logistic regression and introduction to generalised estimating equations as related to linear regression.
This course is only available to students who are currently enrolled in BIOS6940, or have successfully completed BIOS6940.
It would be assumed students had prior knowledge of and experience using linear and logistic regression.
Written Assignment: Essays / Written Assignments
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Online discussion or online tutorials 2hrs per week for a full term
Self-Directed 8 hour(s) per Week for Full Term