This course provides an overview of basic multivariate methods used in medical statistics and complex health surveys.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 1 - 2016.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understand the multivariate normal distribution and its application in medical research and health surveys
2. Perform basic analysis of multivariate outcomes using SAS software;
3. Perform multidimensional variable reduction using principal components;
4. Analyse and interpret multiple end point repeated measure models;
5. Interpret and write up results from a series of case studies involving multivariate outcomes.
Topics covered in this course will include multivariate normal distribution, principle axis theorem, Wishart distribution, Hotelling's t-test, MANOVA, Principle Components Analysis (PCA), cluster analysis, factor analysis, multivariate repeated measures, and multivariate failure time models (Wei, Lin and Weissfeld).
Written Assignment: Essays / Written Assignments