Develop the students understanding of property markets through the completion of an individual property market research project. The structure and key determinants of property markets are examined, and property cycles and risks are analysed.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Trimester 1 - 2018
- Trimester 3 - 2018
This course replaces the following course(s): ARBE6371. Students who have successfully completed ARBE6371 are not eligible to enrol in ARBE6382.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understand the structure and key determinants of property markets;
2. Ability to analyse the property market including property cycles and associated risk factors
3. Ability to complete a property market analysis report by developing, organizing, analyzing and presenting a coherent and well supported argument based on evidence.
- Introduction to property market analysis
- Economy and property markets
- Structure and key determinants of property markets
- Research design and planning to identify research objectives and methods
- Research design and planning to identify variables and data collection
- Basic analysis techniques - statistical analysis
- Advanced analysis techniques - regression analysis
- Risk measurement and forecasting techniques - time series models
- Cases of property market analysis for residential properties
- Cases of property market analysis for commercial properties
- Cases of property market analysis for retail properties
This course replaces ARBE6371. If you have successfully completed ARBE6371 you cannot enrol in this course.
ARBE6312, ARBE6321, ARBE6331, ARBE6341, ARBE6351
Proposal / Plan: Assignment 1 - Property market analysis proposal
Report: Assignment 2 - Final Property Market Analysis Report
Self-Directed 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Online 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term