Develop the students skills and knowledge to carry out valuations for rating and taxing purposes and assess compensation for compulsory acquisition and resumption of land.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Trimester 2 - 2018
This course replaces the following course(s): ARBE6371. Students who have successfully completed ARBE6371 are not eligible to enrol in ARBE6372.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understand the legal concepts of statutory valuations, including rating and taxing, valuation of land Act, role of court and expert witness, specialist valuations, compulsory acquisition, resumption and compensation.
2. Ability to prepare a statutory report for a rating or specialist valuation.
3. Ability to prepare a compensation report for a resumption.
- Introduction to principles of Statutory Valuations
- Types of valuations used for rating & taxing
- Valuation of Land Act
- Role of Court in Statutory Values
- Specialist Valuations
- Valuation methods of statutory valuations
- Practical application in rating and taxing values
- Principles of Acquisition and resumption
- Land acquisition and compensation Act
- Determination of compensation
- Practical application in compulsory acquisition and resumption.
This course replaces ARBE6371. If you have successfully completed ARBE6371 you cannot enrol in this course.
ARBE6351 Property Investment and Evaluation
Participation: Weekly Reviews
Report: Assignment 1 - Statutory Report
Report: Assignment 2 - Compensation report for resumption
Self-Directed 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Online 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term