Develop the students advanced knowledge in applying accepted valuation methodologies to complex (commercial/retail/industrial) and specialised properties, and property investment analysis for complex property development.
- Trimester 1 - 2018
This course replaces the following course(s): ARBE6361. Students who have successfully completed ARBE6361 are not eligible to enrol in ARBE6362.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understand the principles of sales and rental analysis, capitalisation approach to valuation, and characteristics of complex (commercial/retail/industrial) and specialized properties
2. Ability to prepare a valuation report for a complex (commercial/retail/industrial) or specialized property.
3. Ability to apply software and techniques for real estate investment decision-making practices of a complex property development.
- Sales and Rental Analysis
- Capitalisation (income) approach to value
- Characteristics and valuation of commercial (office) properties including business parks
- Characteristics and valuation of retail properties
- Characteristics and valuation of industrial properties
- Characteristics and valuation of Specialised Properties
- Valuation Report for complex and specialised properties
- Going Concern Valuations
- Residual land value analysis for complex property development
- Advanced Valuation Topics
- Discounted Cash Flow approach to value
This course replaces ARBE6361. If you have successfully completed ARBE6361 you cannot enrol in this course.
ARBE6351 Property Investment and Evaluation
Participation: Weekly Reviews
Written Assignment: Assignment 1 - Advanced Valuation Report
Written Assignment: Assignment 2 - Advanced Investment Analysis
Self-Directed 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Online 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term