Focuses on investment analysis of residential and commercial properties. Property valuation, investment decision techniques and risk analysis tools are reviewed and their core concepts, principles and techniques are examined.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Trimester 3 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understand the fundamental concepts, principles and techniques for property valuation.
2. Analyse the real estate appraisal process and apply software and techniques for real estate investment decision-making practices.
1. Property valuation
- Property valuation approaches
- National and international valuation standards
- Valuation strategies and processes
2. Investment appraisal:
- Time value of money
- Market research and analysis,
- Discounted cash flow analysis
- Investment analysis techniques
- Risk analysis
- Software for investment appraisal
- Statistical forecasting techniques
This course replaces ARBE6350. If you have successfully completed ARBE6350 you cannot enrol in this course.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Graduate Certificate in Property  and the Master of Property  programs.
Participation: Weekly Reviews
Written Assignment: Assignment 1 - Valuation Rationale and Report Issues
Written Assignment: Assignment 2 - Case Study on proposed mixed use development utilising Estate Master software
Self-Directed 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Online 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term