Provides an overview of the nature of property and of real property law. The planning procedures and development process of residential and commercial projects are examined.
- Trimester 2 - 2018
This course replaces the following course(s): ARBE6340. Students who have successfully completed ARBE6340 are not eligible to enrol in ARBE6341.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understand the nature of real property interests including the principal rights, responsibilities, regulations and controls affecting dealings in land.
2. Ability to analyze the planning procedures and control of the development process of residential and commercial properties.
1. Property law:
- Land titles, including native titles
- Systems of ownership of land
- Roles of legal, equitable interests and interest in land.
2. Planning Legislation:
- History o f land use planning in Australia
- Planning systems, including planning authorities, planning codes and development plans
- Statutory powers of planning authorities,
- Planning procedures
- Control of the development process
- Residential and commercial development
- Environmental planning control and Environment Impact assessment
- Land and Environmental court
This course replaces ARBE6340. If you have successfully completed ARBE6340 you cannot enrol in this course.
Online Learning Activity: Weekly Reviews
Written Assignment: Assignment 1 - Property Law Issues
Written Assignment: Assignment 2 - Development Process Report
Self-Directed 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Online 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term