Explores the evolution of property management through to facilities management. It examines the principles and practice of property management and facilities management of residential and commercial properties.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Trimester 2 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understand the principles and practice of property management of residential and commercial properties.
2. Ability to analyze the principles and practice of facilities management of commercial properties.
1. Property Management:
- Principles and practice of property management
- Property management plan
- Maintenance management
- Energy conservation
- Life cycle management
- Lease and tenant management
- Accounting and budgeting
- Rental reviews
- Risk and insurance
2. Facilities Management:
- Theories and practice of facilities management
- Property asset management
- Functional and economic performance of asset
- Maintenance and refurbishment implications
- Life cycle costing and cost benefit analysis
This course replaces ARBE6330. If you have successfully completed ARBE6330 you cannot enrol in this course.
Participation: Weekly Reviews
Written Assignment: Assignment 1 - Facilities Management Proposal
Written Assignment: Assignment 2 - Final Recommendations on Facilities Management
Self-Directed 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Online 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term