This course prepares students for the practice of architecture. Through the consideration of architectural practice as a research based enquiry, a self-directed architectural project is prepared and communicated as a developed design, and then documented technically as detailed architecture.
Availability2021 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2021
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Prepare a developed architecture for a self-directed complex architectural/design project
2. Preparation of technical documentation for part of a complex architectural/design project
3. Produce written and graphic explanations of the architectural project using conventions of academic research
4. Effectively communicate and defend the architectural project and process as research
5. Engage in critical thinking and conduct self-reflection in preparation for research and practice.
- The elective Architectural project as a consideration of architectural/design practice.
- Developed design of a complex architectural/design project.
- Technical design, architectural detail and documentation of a developed design.
- Communication of the self-directed architectural/design project as research.
- Building a strong research and design agenda through intensive engagement with the course.
This course has similarities to ARBE6230. If you have successfully completed ARBE6230, you cannot enrol in this course.
ARBE6232 Architecture Studio 8
Project: Folio 1
Project: Folio 2
Face to Face On Campus 91 hour(s) per Term Full Term
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.