Students are exposed to the special difficulties of scheduling work involving innovation. Project management tools are applied to the development process and are employed to manage the design of a complex product involving significant innovation. This course is the culmination of all previous coursework with a focus on product innovation.
- Semester 1 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Devise a strategy for minimising the number of unknowns in innovative concept.
2. Develop a technique for assigning time budgets to the development of solutions unknown aspects of a concept.
3. Employ a range of research methods, experimentation and testing to resolve unknown aspects of a design concept.
4. Engage with the need to consider potential social, environmental and ethical consequences of a design innovation.
- Develop an innovative product
- Design Strategies to support innovation
- Design Ethics
- Design Research
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Industrial Design program.
Project: ASSIGNMENT 1
Project: ASSIGNMENT 2
Project: ASSIGNMENT 3
Project: ASSIGNMENT 4
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 12 hour(s) per Term Full Term
Critiques will occur two or three times per semester (4-6 hours per critique session) in nominated weeks.
Face to Face On Campus 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term