Designing and manufacturing furniture requires the application of Aesthetic and Ergonomic principles. This course applies these principles to the design of furniture for a specified context.
Availability2017 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Design a piece of furniture to conform to the aesthetics principles of a defined theme;
2. Design a piece of furniture to conform to ergonomic principles;
3. Project planned the development of the project and its design rationale;
4. Reflect on the process of design relating to the developed design brief;
5. Develop graphic forms which depict and document the furniture design, the design process, including 3D modelling. and evaluation
The Course will cover the following topics:
- Ergonomic principles and Ergonomic issues associated with furniture design and production
- Furniture Design Principles
- Design Project Mnagement
- Utilise modelling to exhibit design characteristics of prototype
This course is only available to students enrolled in the BIndustrial Design program or the BTeaching (Technology) (Honours) or BTeaching (Secondary)/BTechnology.
Basic Workshop practices and risk management.
Project: Project Proposal
Project: Proof of Concept
Presentation: Prototype Presentation
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 8 Weeks starting in week 1
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term