Extrapolates the design process, including the notion of a variable set of constraints. The effect of heuristic considerations on the design process is explored through problem based learning projects. Design projects will apply the concepts of visual concepts to the design process.
Not currently offered.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Will gain an understanding of the synergy that exists between design heuristics and product design patterns
2. Leverage design heuristics to synthesize visually satisfying products
3. Develop visually appealing design products
Topics may include:
- Changing social trends
- Design heuristic concepts and practices
- Project design and development
- Project documentation
- Fabrication and sculpture
ARBE1500 and ARBE1501
Written Assignment: Projects