Introduces design collaboration and project management within the context of project development. Applies the design process to the development of a domestic product. Also involves students in project initiation and specification documentation.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 1 - 2014.
This course replaces the following course(s): IDEA2450. Students who have successfully completed IDEA2450 are not eligible to enrol in ARBE2503.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Project initiation processes.
2. Develops collaborative design capacities.
3. Provides design process management strategies.
4. Applies effective design documentation processes to recording of design processes
Students will complete exercises developing skills in the following areas:
- Collaborative Design
- Advanced workshop practices
- Prototypes and their uses in the design process
- Materials solution.
- Learning Contracts
This course replaces IDEA2450. If you have successfully completed IDEA2450 you cannot enrol in this course.
Project: Collaborative Design & Manufacture Project
Project: Emergency Response Shelter