Communication in the Built Environment 2
This course prepares the future generation of designers for industry. The course aims to develop the student's general understanding and practical skills in digital media for design, communication and documentation, including basic CAD modelling (3D) and the digital and analogue presentation (2D) of a selected project. This includes techniques to generate design presentations that demonstrate a good use of design principles as well as to generate drawings for the communication process with the building industry.
- Semester 2 - 2016
Distance Education - Callaghan
- Semester 2 - 2016
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Develop digital models and graphic means of a design project
2. Apply design techniques to enhance digital modelling, generating graphic means in 2D of a design suitable for exploring and communicating a design project
3. Generate working drawings and graphic means across different media formats
4. Create design presentations such as renderings, graphics and diagrams that demonstrate a good use of design principles.
The course requires no previous experience in the field. Learning activities will be structured based on the following key themes:
- Introduction to digital design (background, concepts and communication language)
- The development of digital models across different media
- Manipulation and refinement of digital models
- Output methods for generating different graphic means for communication and documentation
- Digital and analogue design exploration and presentation methods.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Design (Architecture), Bachelor of Construction Management (Building) (Honours), B Teach/B Design & Technology or B Teaching (Secondary)/Bachelor of Technology programs.
Project: Graphics project
Project: 2D project
Project: 3D project
Callaghan and Distance Education - Callaghan
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 13 Weeks starting in week 1
Distance learning students will receive equivalent instruction through online or other distance education strategies.
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks