Communication in the Built Environment 2
This course prepares the future generation of designers for industry. The course aims to develop the student's general understanding and practical skills in digital media for design, communication and documentation, including basic CAD modelling (3D) and the digital and analogue presentation (2D) of a selected project. This includes techniques to generate design presentations that demonstrate a good use of design principles as well as to generate drawings for the communication process with the building industry.
- Semester 2 - 2015
Distance Education - Callaghan
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. develop general CAD modelling and drawings of a project (simple architectural design).
2. apply basic digital design techniques to enhance CAD modelling, generating documents in 2D of a design suitable for council certification, tendering and construction drawings;
3. generate working drawings (plans, sections, elevations, and details);
4. create design presentations such as renderings and presentation drawings that demonstrate a good use of design principles.
The course requires no previous experience in the field. Learning activities will be structured based on the following key themes:
- introduction to computer aided design
- the development of a basic CAD model
- manipulation and refinement of a CAD model
- output methods for generating 2D drawings for technical documentation
- digital and analogue design presentation methods
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Design (Architecture), Bachelor of Construction Management (Building) (Honours), B Teach/B Design & Technology or B Teaching (Secondary)/Bachelor of Technology programs.
ARBE1100 Communication in the Built Environment 1
Project: Modelling Project
Project: Project 2
Callaghan and Distance Education - Callaghan
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 13 Weeks
Distance learning students will receive equivalent instruction through online or other distance education strategies.
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks