This course is a component of the Bachelor of Fine Art Honours program, where a student is able to complete a self-directed research project in a selected area of specialisation, from 2D Art (Painting, Drawing, Printmedia), 3D Art (Ceramics, Fibres-Textiles, Sculpture), Photomedia (Digital, Analogue) or Art Theory.
Together with AART4110, AART4120 and AART4140, this course is designed to assist students to develop a high professional standard in studio research, production, exhibition and written work, or advanced written work in art theory. This course is studied in conjunction with AART4140 in full-time mode.
Availability2019 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2020
- Semester 2 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Plan, consolidate and carry out independent and self-directed research.
2. Utilise appropriate methods for critically analysing and applying relevant research material.
3. Demonstrate an advanced understanding of different studio approaches, (materials, processes and techniques) and/or theoretical approaches in Fine Art.
4. Develop and refine a body of artworks and a related research paper or construct a critical theoretical paper.
AART4130 is one of two courses (with AART4140) devoted to the final outcomes of the student’s research project. This will result in a solo exhibition and a related written exegesis or a written theoretical thesis.
In Honours C, the student will:
- Consolidate and implement ideas and concepts commensurate with study at this advanced level in studio practice and/or art theory.
- Demonstrate critical awareness, advanced skills and knowledge relevant to their chosen area of study and the parameters of their research project.
- Examine the content and principles upon which their work is based in order to understand their practice within a relevant contemporary context
- Develop presentation skills for exhibition and/or thesis submission.
To enrol in this course students must be active in the Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours) (11194) program.
To have completed a Bachelor of Fine Art or equivalent with a Credit average in the discipline area and completion of AART4110 and AART4120.
Project: Project - 80%
Written Assignment: Written Assignment - 20%
Face to Face On Campus 0.5 hour(s) per Fortnight for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term