The course is a component of the Honours program in the Bachelor of Fine Art, where a student is able to select a specialization including 2D Art (Painting, Drawing, Printmaking), 3D Art (Ceramics, Fibres/Textiles, Sculpture), Photomedia (Digital, Traditional) or Art Theory.
Together with AART4110, AART4130 and AART4140 the course is designed to allow students to develop a high professional standard in studio research, production, exhibition and written work or advanced written work in art theory. This course is studied in conjunction with AART4110 in full-time mode.
Availability2017 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2017
- Semester 2 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. The ability to plan and carry out independent research
2. The ability to select and administer appropriate methods for collecting and analysing relevant data
3. An understanding of different studio approaches, (materials, processes and techniques) and/or theoretical approaches in Fine Art
4. The ability to produce a body of artworks, and a related research paper or the ability to produce a critical theoretical paper.
In the Honours 2 course students will concentrate on gathering and collating research and data that will substantially underpin the development of relevant techniques, materials, imagery and content of their studio work and/or art theory. This will involve:
- Preparation for studio and/or theory
- Independent research to underpin the major body of work being undertaken at an advanced level
- Development of skills in self-reflection and critical analysis in order to select appropriate methods, materials and content
- Keeping relevant research journals and notes.
To enrol in this course students must be active in the Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours) (11194) program.
To have completed a Bachelor of Fine Art or equivalent with a Credit average in the discipline area.
Project: Individual body of artwork and a supporting exegesis
Presentation: Seminar presentation
Face to Face On Campus 0.5 hour(s) per Fortnight for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term