This course is a component of the Bachelor of Fine Art Honours program, where a student is able to complete a self-directed research project in a selected area of specialisation, from 2D Art (Painting, Drawing, Printmedia), 3D Art (Ceramics, Fibres-Textiles, Sculpture), Photomedia (Digital, Analogue) or Art Theory.
Together with AART4110, AART4130 and AART4140, the course is designed to assist students to develop a high professional standard in studio research, production, exhibition and written work or advanced written work in art theory. This course is studied in conjunction with AART4110 in full-time mode.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2020
Newcastle City Precinct
- Semester 2 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Plan and carry out independent and self-directed research.
2. Select and administer appropriate methods for collecting and critically analysing relevant research material.
3. Clearly communicate the direction of their research, verbally, visually and through written response.
4. Develop a body of artworks and a related research paper or construct a critical theoretical paper.
In the Honours B course students will concentrate on gathering and collating research material and data that will underpin the development of their studio outcomes and/or written research. Focus will also be directed to the development of verbal, visual and written communication skills. In the Honours B course, students will:
- Gather, collate and apply relevant research material to underpin the major body of work being undertaken.
- Develop skills in self-reflection and critical analysis in order to select appropriate methods, materials and content.
- Participate in seminar discussions and actively communicate the direction of their independent research to staff and peers
To enrol in this course students must be active in the Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours) (11194) program.
To have completed a Bachelor of Fine Art or equivalent with a Credit average in the discipline area.
Project: Project - 60%
Presentation: Presentation - 40%
Callaghan and Newcastle City Precinct
Face to Face On Campus 0.5 hour(s) per Fortnight for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term