This course will enable the expression of ideas using screen-based imagery. Web technologies and timeline methods for image display and interaction will be investigated. Students will be instructed in contemporary options for the presentation and dissemination of the digital still and moving image,including the fundamentals of digital video and animation. Composition, design and image construction will be part of this research practice. The student will, through exercises, critiques and independent research, produce a portfolio of work.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. To investigate the ideas, methods and culture of the screen-based image;
2. To develop competencies in screen-based image production techniques;
3. To encourage independent research into image dissemination processes;
4. To present a portfolio of work in reference to the research undertaking;
5. To investigate image media collaborations and mixed platform production techniques;
Topics may include:
- Investigation of the range of processes that may be applicable to multimedia production;
- Experimentation with mixed media skills and new methods of image presentation;
- Image, text, performance installation and time based media research;
- Collaborative production aspects and methodology;
- Development of critical and analytical skills essential to photography;
- Research and critical appraisal of digital image applications;
To enrol in this course students must have successfully completed 60 units at the 1000 level.
Students must have successfully completed 60 units at 1000 level to enrol in this course.
Journal: Studio Journal
Project: Studio Output
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term