Creative Practice 3D
Using AART1110 Critical Studies 2 as a conceptual frame, and drawing and exploring expanded concepts such as observational and experimental approaches as an integral language and a research methodology, this course is a developed structured enquiry into the expressive potential of three-dimensional (3D) creativity. The course is an expansion of AART1300 3D Creative Enquiry and develops the range of materials and processes in ceramics, fibres-textiles or sculpture, highlighting the significance of 3D practices. This foundation experience develops the cultural, historical, contemporary, theoretical and conceptual dimensions of these art forms.
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Create, from a variety of materials, and by a variety of means, developed visually resolved 3D forms.
2. Explore and apply a wide variety of 3D studio specific tools and materials confidently, competently and safely while engaged in 2D processes both in tutorials and through independent research
3. Demonstrate a developed knowledge of the cultural, historical and contemporary contexts of 3D forms
4. Contextualise their own work materially and theoretically through an analysis of other artists' 3D forms
- The processes of 3D art making are undertaken through a variety of themes and approaches exploring and understanding physical and conceptual material.
- Exploration of the elements and principles of 3D art: including materials and technology; mass/volume; shape/form/structure; moulding; construction; Occupational Health and Safety.
- Facilitate interest in the creative possibilities of ceramics, fibres- textiles or sculpture practices.
- An investigation of visual language and related History/Theory within a contemporary 3D framework to develop fundamental critical and analytical skills.
This course is only available to students enrolled in Bachelor of Fine Art or Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary)/Bachelor of Fine Art or Bachelor of Teaching (Fine Art) (Honours) programs.
An introductory experience of 3D art disciplines or successful completion of AART1300
Portfolio: Studio Practice Portfolio
Journal: Research Journal
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 7 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 5 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for 1 Weeks