Students Helping Students
The UON Student Giving Committee was established in 2015 to encourage the culture of giving within the student community, so that students can receive much needed support.
The current committee has organised fun and entertaining fundraisers throughout the year that have contributed funds to student scholarships.
UON Student Giving BBQ fundraiser, which went to support UON Great China Walk champion, Annie Nichols, in her fundraising for the Shaping Futures Scholarship Fund.
Students at the annual Godfrey Tanner Great Debate which raises funds for the Godfrey Tanner Memorial Scholarship Fund.
HELP SUPPORT DISADVANTAGED UON STUDENTS BY JOINING THE STUDENT GIVING COMMITTEE
- Serve as ambassadors to encourage a culture of student giving at UON
- Help create a sense of pride and belonging for UON students
- Develop and implement student fundraising initiatives/activities
- Provide fresh ideas, energy and advice for UON Student Giving Program Plan
- Led by students for students
- Only 3-4 formal meetings per year
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Students will learn skills they can take into their professional careers in the following areas:
- Public speaking
- Project management
- Event management
- Marketing, communications and PR
- Also get credit for iLead and possibly AHEGS
Contact Connor Brown if you would like to learn more about joining the UON Student Giving Committee.