Each year the Conservatorium offers scholarships to current and future students under the age of 18 (or vocalists aged up to 25) to help with their tuition. Music scholarships include part payment towards the cost of single study lessons, with the additional benefit of free music craft tuition and ensemble participation that help students further their musical knowledge.
Enrolment and regular participation in single study lessons, music craft and ensemble activities is a compulsory requirement of the scholarship being awarded. New students are encouraged to apply.
2020 Conservatorium scholarship offerings include four full scholarships and four quarter scholarships:
- Full scholarships include weekly 30-minute instrumental lessons plus an option to join a Conservatorium ensemble
- Quarter scholarships: 25% reduction in fees
Student audition requirements:
- Students are required to perform one piece of their choice (no longer than 5 minutes).
- Concluding the performance - a short interview will take place whereby students will be asked questions relating to their musical aspirations and interests.
To submit an application please follow the link to Eventbrite https://communitymusicscholarships2020.eventbrite.com.au
Applications close the 27th of October 2019.
Audition date: 2nd of November 2019 at Newcastle Conservatorium of Music.
* University students are not eligible to apply.