China Study Tour
The 2019 Study Tour to China
This tour is designed to broaden your knowledge about contemporary Chinese culture and society through cultural investigation. It also aims to deepen your understanding of the impact that Chinese history and traditional culture have on different aspects of contemporary China. In addition, this tour will also provide you with an invaluable opportunity to study Chinese at Central China Normal University (CCNU), our Chinese partner university, and interact with CCNU students. The 2019 China Study Tour will commence on 28 Sept through to 14 Oct.
The tour will include visits to three major cities.
1. Chengdu, City of the Giant Panda. It is the capital of Sichuan Province in Southwest China. In Chengdu, you will join the famous Panda Wonderland Tour to visit all the famous panda-related spots in and around Chengdu, watch the magic face changing performance, visit the Leshan Giant Buddha and explore the world-famous Dujiangyan Irrigation System.
2. Wuhan, where CCNU is located. Situated at the crossroads of central China on the Yangtze River, Wuhan is the capital of Hubei Province and the biggest city in Central China. In Wuhan, you will attend a 20-hour Chinese course. While you are there, you will also be able to explore the city and engage in cultural activities.
3. Shanghai, the biggest city by population in China, with a total population of about 25 million. It is a global city, with influence in commerce, culture, finance, media, fashion, technology, and transport. Shanghai is also a major financial centre and the busiest container port in the world. In Shanghai you will visit the Bund, Chenshan Botanical Garden, as well as the extensive and growing Lujiazui skyline. It has been described as the ‘showpiece’ of the booming economy of mainland China.
- Sat 28th Sep: Depart Sydney and arrive in Chengdu on Sun 29th Sep
- Sun 29th Sep – Wed 2nd October: Cultural investigation in Chengdu
- Thu 3rd Oct: Depart Chengdu and arrive in Wuhan on the same day
- Thu 3rd Oct – Sat 5th Oct: Cultural investigation in Wuhan
- Sun 6th – Thu 10th Oct: Chinese classes, HSK Test, and other activities at CCNU
- Fri 11th Oct: Depart Wuhan and arrive in Shanghai on the same day
- Fri 11th Oct – Sun 13th Oct: Cultural and wildlife observation in Shanghai
- Sun 13th Oct: Depart Shanghai
- Mon 14th Oct: Arrive in Sydney
Financial Support and Your Cost
The Confucius Institute Headquarters will provide a financial support up to AU$1,200, which will subsidise twin shared accommodation, activities, ground transportation, meals, etc. You will pay the shortfall, the airfares, and the visa application fee, etc.
Students who are able to complete CHIN 1110 (Graded P or above) in Semester 1, and will continue to enrol in CHIN 1120 in Semester 2, are eligible to apply to join the tour.
According to the Confucius Institute Headquarters’ regulations regarding the Confucius Institute China Study Tour, the minimum number of participants of each tour is 20, consequently if there are not enough people who are committed to attending, then the tour will be cancelled.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, you need to submit the completed Application Form by Friday 14th June 2019.
If you have any questions concerning the 2019 China Study Tour, please contact Jonathan Yi, Chinese Director, directly by phone on +61 2 4985 4041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org