2NURFM's major fundraisers are the Summer and Winter sign-ups.
Download a donation form (PDF, 120KB) or click the Donate Now Button.
We value your feedback, and invite you to complete our Listener Survey.
You can make a donation via a credit card, a cheque, or make a pledge or bequest.
To make a donation to 2NURFM, you can phone the station on +61 2 4921 5555 and we can process your payment directly, or you can go to our payment portal and complete your donation online.
If you prefer, you can download a donation form that can be faxed or posted to 2NURFM. Simply complete and fax to +61 2 4921 7158 or post 2NURFM, University Drive Callaghan, NSW 2308 or scan and email email@example.com.
Yes, providing that your donations bring no material or tangible benefits to you under the rules specified by the Australian Taxation Office, your donation may be tax deductible. Donors can claim tax deductions for gifts made to eligible gift recipients.
Gifts have the following characteristics:
- There is a transfer of money or property
- They are made voluntarily
- The transfer arises by way of benefaction
- No material benefit or advantage is received by the donor.
Every donation, no matter how small or large, makes a difference and is greatly appreciated.
As 2NURFM is a part of the University of Newcastle (ABN 15 736 576 735), it is registered as a deductible gift recipient (DGR) under Subdivision 30-BA of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 and is endorsed by the Australian Tax Office as an income tax exempt charity (ITEC).
Donations to The University of Newcastle (2NURFM) may be eligible deductions for income tax purposes under Division 30 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
Donors can claim tax deductions for gifts made to deductible gift recipients (DGRs)
The law specifies the types of gifts that can be donated. To be deductible, a gift must be of money or property that is covered by one of these gift types:
- $2 or more: money
- Property less than 12 months: property purchased during the 12 months before the gift was made
- Property valued at more than $5,000: a valuation by the Australian Taxation Office is required
- Trading stock: trading stock disposed of outside the ordinary course of business
- Cultural bequest: property gifted under the cultural bequest program
- Cultural gifts: property under the Cultural Gift Program
- National Estate gifts: places listed in the Register of the National Estate.
Gifts also have these characteristics:
- They are made voluntarily
- They do not provide a material benefit to the donor
- They essentially arise from benefaction, and proceed from detached and disinterested generosity.
A gift to a non-profit organisation is not consideration for a supply (ie donations to the University of Newcastle as defined by the ATO above do not incur GST).
To enable the University to comply with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 donors are asked to advise on the Donation Form whether they:
- Wish to remain anonymous and do not consent to their donation being publicly acknowledged
- Consent to their donation being publicly acknowledged. All who donate more than $1000 to the University a year are eligible to appear in the University Annual Report
As we value the privacy of our donors we do not make personal information available to any other organisations.
It's gratifying to know that 2NURFM means so much to so many people.
If you've enjoyed listening to 2NURFM over the years, please consider gifts in wills.
Yes, you could bequeath a donation that would greatly assist in the ongoing support of 2NURFM, the Hunter's only locally-owned radio station.
Some years ago, the family of the late Peter Pickhover bequeathed a donation that became an annual scholarship for a student from the University of Newcastle's communication course. At 2NURFM, one of our studios is now called the Peter Pickhover Studio in recognition of this generous donation.
Thank you for listening to 2NURFM, your community station. We don't receive any Government assistance, therefore a gift in your will - no matter how small - will be greatly appreciated.
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact 2NURFM during business hours on (02) 4921 5555, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.