Event Registration Terms and Conditions
By registering for events hosted or supported by the University of Newcastle (Organiser), ABN 15 736 576 735, you agree that these Terms & Conditions govern your and your guests’ registration and participation at the Event. All references to “you” in these Terms & Conditions means the registrant listed in the registration form.
You agree to pay the Event participation fee where applicable. Event participation fees are quoted in Australian Dollars, and must be paid prior to attending the Event.
If during your registration you make a donation to the University of Newcastle, 100% of your donation will be applied accordingly. Donations are a voluntary payment, made at your discretion and exempt from GST. The University of Newcastle is a Deductible Gift Recipient and registered with the Australian Charities Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC). Donations of $2 or more to the University of Newcastle may be eligible deductions for income tax purposes in Australia under Division 30 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
Privacy and personal information
- You consent to the Organiser collecting and storing your personal information, including all of the information contained in the registration form, for the purposes of:
- administering and managing the Event, including updating your record in the Organiser’s database; and
- distributing your information to other Event participants (name, title, organisation, degree and year of graduation only).
- The Organiser may use your personal information to contact you in the future for purposes relating to the Event or to promote future activities arranged by the Office of Alumni and Philanthropy.
- You may update your subscription preferences at any time by using the subscription preference link in the footer of emails sent to you by the Office of Alumni and Philanthropy or by emailing OAPemail@example.com. If you elect to opt out of all e-communications please note that if, in the future, you attend an event hosted or supported by the Office of Alumni and Philanthropy, or make a donation to the University, you will automatically be resubscribed to our e-mailing list.
- The supply of your personal information is voluntary, however if you do not provide it to the Organiser you may not be able to register for and participate in the Event.
- You have the right to access and correct any personal information relating to you which is held by the Organiser.
- The University of Newcastle values the privacy of individuals and is committed to the protection of your personal data. All personal information collected will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws as outlined in the UON Privacy Management Plan.
You acknowledge and agree that the Organiser may take photos or audio/visual recordings of you throughout your participation in the Event, and that the Organiser may use the photos or recordings for future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to you. Your image will also be archived with the Organiser and may be used by the Organiser for the promotion of future events. You release and discharge the Organiser, its staff and its agents from any and all loss, damage, expense or claims that you may suffer or incur by reason of anything contained in the photographs or recordings involving you. Should you not agree to the above image release, you must advise the Organiser in writing prior to the Event.
If you are no longer able to attend the event
If after registration, you are no longer able to attend the Event, you must as soon as practicable advise the Organiser in writing. The Organiser reserves the right to retain the full amount of the paid participation fee as a cancellation fee, except in the event of exceptional circumstances (such as unforeseen illness or misadventure).
If we cancel the event
The Organiser may at any time and at its discretion reduce the scope of, postpone or cancel the Event. Should this occur, the Organiser will provide as much notice as possible and, if the Event is cancelled and a registration fee was paid, the Organiser will refund your participation fees. The Organiser will not refund any donations made at the time of registration. In the event of cancellation, you agree to discharge the Organiser of any liability from any claim arising out of or in connection with the cancellation of the Event. The program for the Event is correct at the time of publishing, however is subject to change at the Organiser’s discretion. Subject to any statutory rights of refund, if the Event takes place there is no right to a refund or exchange.
Participant behaviour and damage
The Organiser reserves the right to prohibit entry of any person to the Event, or remove any person from the Event based on behaviour deemed inappropriate by the Organiser’s staff and/or its agents. You agree to pay in full for any damage or loss sustained to any property as a result of your actions during the Event, as well as the cost of any additional cleaning required to property as deemed necessary by the Organiser.
Indemnity and release
To the extent permitted by law, the Organiser is not liable for any loss, damage, expense, injury or other claim in relation to your attendance at the Event, except where any such loss, damage, expense, injury or other claim is caused by the Organiser’s gross negligence or wilful misconduct. The Organiser’s maximum aggregate liability to you arising out of or in relation to the Event shall in no circumstances exceed the amount of the Event participation fee.