Exceptional Community Service Award
The Exceptional Community Service Award recognises the work of an outstanding community member who has made a significant impact, and has enhanced the reputation of the University of Newcastle and its relationship with the wider community.
Previous recipients have enriched society through their work in community fundraising, establishing arts and culture, and embedding sustainability models in local society.
Nominees must comply with the following selection criteria
- Be part of the University of Newcastle’s alumni community
- Demonstrate a commitment to the University and its community through one or more of the following:
- Exchange knowledge and contribute to the development, prosperity and social capital in the region where they reside
- Enhance opportunities for students to participate in business/ industry/ public service and community based programs
- Enhance the reputation of the University as one that produces alumni who demonstrate exceptional community service.
- Expand opportunities for engagement between the University and its community.