Drive and park
We understand that a number of people will still need to drive their car so there are a number of parking options to consider:
- Park in one of the nearby parking stations. Information in their location can be found here. Did you know may parking stations offer early bird rates as low as $8.50 for all day parking.
- Use paid-metered street parking for short periods
- If coming from over the bridge have you considered parking at Stockton and catching the ferry over to the city
- If you travel by motorcycle or scooter, Newcastle City Council (NCC) offers free street parking throughout the city
- If you have disability permit there a number of disability parking bays identified on Auckland, Hunter, King and Burwood Streets. Please check the council parking signs or visit Google maps (street view) to locate these. The disability bay is still located in the UON managed Laman street car park.
- Use one of the UON leased 150 spaces in a nearby commercial car park - Civic West car park
Civic West Car Park - $10 all day parking
UON has leased a number of bays in a commercial car park - Civic West Car Park (entry off Gibson Street) and a short walk to NeW Space. These unreserved but exclusive for UON bays will be for both students and staff to use and cost from between $2.50 an hour to $10 a day. These rates are lower than the usual commercial rates.
The parking bays will be available by the start of Trimester 1, 2018. Your UON parking permit will not be valid for use in this car park. Payment will be via licence plate recognition deducting the fees from your registered and pre-paid account. More information on this system can be found here.