PhD and Research Masters
The Faculty of Health and Medicine is the leading earner of research funding at the University of Newcastle.
Our research is characterised by multidisciplinary and collaborative approaches that complement the Faculty's integrated undergraduate and postgraduate programs in medicine, health scineces, biomedical sciences and nursing, and a commitment to exellence in professional education. This allows a comprehensive approach to solving research problems and facilitates translation of research findings into practical application for clinical practice or commercial development.
The University of Newcastle ranks 8th among Australian universities for National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) project grant funding commencing in 2016.
In the 2015 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) assessment, the Faculty of Health and Medicine at UON was placed 5th in Australia based on the number of fields of research codes in medical and health sciences ranked well above and above world standard.
12 fields of research ranked
"well above world standard"
- Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- Cardiovascular Medicine and Haematology
- Cognitive Sciences
- Human Movement and Sports Science
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Oncology and Carcinogenesis
- Paediatrics and Reproductive Medicine
- Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Public Health and Health Sciences
5 fields of research ranked
"above world standard"
- Biological Sciences
- Medical Physiology
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Psychology and Cognitive Sciences
3 fields of research ranked
- Clinical Sciences
- Medicinal and Biomolecular Chemistry
- Other Medical and Health Sciences
PhD and Research Masters opportunities in our Schools
Find detailed information and specific opportunities for PhD and research masters candidates in our Schools by visiting pages below: