Limited Licence Radiography
In rural and remote parts of Australia, where a radiographer may not always be available, non-radiographers can get a licence to perform a limited range of radiographic examinations. In New South Wales, the examination types covered by the licence are:
- Upper extremity, including AP shoulder;
- Lower extremity, including AP pelvis; and
- Chest (AP or PA only)
Licence conditions are given at: http://www.epa.nsw.gov.au/radiation/remoplic.htm
Applicants for a licence must meet two pre-requisites:
- Registration as a medical practitioner or nurse from the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA); and
- Successful completion of an approved course.
Limited Licence Radiography Course
The University of Newcastle offers the Limited Licence Radiography Course as a non-award, short course. Successful candidates receive a certificate of completion, making them eligible to apply for a limited radiography licence in NSW.
Course Content and Delivery
Details of the content and modes of delivery can be found in the Course Outline.
Those interested must first complete a Course Nomination Form, signed by:
- Their local Health Service Manager; and
- A local radiographer willing to support the candidate during and after the course.
Associate Professor Tony Smith
University of Newcastle Department of Rural Health
Phone: 02 4055 1900