Research Skills Development
‘Engaging with Research Practice’
The University of Newcastle Department of Rural Health (UONDRH) is committed to help to build research capacity in regional, rural and remote locations by helping local practitioners acquire research skills and develop research ideas.
The resources below are from the ‘Engaging with Research Practice’ sessions and include lots useful tips and advice about doing research.
- The research aim is important
- Tips for creating a research aim and objectives
- Efficient literature searching
- Improved ability to find key literature quickly
- Efficient reference management
- How to improve your understanding of the processes involved
- User friendly introduction to statistical methods
- Information about how to structure the content of a journal article
- Which content normally belongs where (and why)?