What do I need to do before I start?
All industrial experience (IE) applications are to be entered on our online system, SONIA.
To log in, go to the SONIA website and click FEBE. Your username and password are the single sign-on credentials that you use for other UON systems (your student number and password).
The procedure for IE is as follows:
- Before you start an industrial experience placement you must seek approval for your placement. Please note that any hours completed prior to obtaining approval will not be counted.
- If your site already exists in SONIA you will be able to request a placement by selecting your site from the list. If not, you will need to enter details and await site approval from your IE Coordinator.
- Once your request for a placement is approved by the IE Coordinator you will complete an IE Application form in SONIA. This is forwarded to your site for approval.
- If your site agrees to host you, the IE Application form is forwarded to your IE Coordinator for signoff.
- When your IE Application form reaches stage ‘3 of 3’ you can begin your placement.