Open Lecture Series
The School of Architecture and Built Environment frequently invites both national and international industry professionals to present to students, staff and the general public.
- 27 February 2015 - Marcus Westbury
- 18 March 2015 - Vladimir Belogolovsky
- 25 March 2015 - Chris Johnstone
- 29 April 2015 - Stuart Vokes & Aaron Peters
- 6 May 2015 - Tim Greer
- 13 May 2015 - David Anderson
- 29 July 2015 - Marlon Blackwell
- 26th March 2014 - Niall Mclaughlin
- 2nd April 2014 - The University of California: Speaker Emily Marthinsen - "Career Paths for Architects and Built Environment Specialists"
- 2nd April 2014 - Sofie Willems
- 9th April 2014 - M.Arch year out talks
- 19th May 2014 - Marina Tabassum
- 28th May 2014 - Research Seminar - University of Oregon: Speaker Nancy Yen-wen Cheng - "Shaping Light with Folded Surfaces"
- 4th June 2014 - Michael Banney
- 13th August 2014 - Lindsay & Kerry Clare
- 20th August 2014 - Bob Perry
- 27th August 2014 - Lawrence Nield
- 3rd September 2014 - Drew Heath
- 10th September 2014 - Fergus Scott
- 17th September 2014 - Peter Davis
- 9th October 2014 - Richard Goodwin
- 15th October 2014 - Neil Durbach
DESIGN LECTURE SERIES
Together with the Australian Institute of Architects and sponsored by Northrop Engineers, the school hosts an annual evening design lecture series with presentations from both industry professionals and top students from the University of Newcastle.
- Christian Kirrage & Isaac Little | Facade Engineers | Northrop
- Rebecca Evans | UON Master of Architecture Graduate
- Greg Grabasch | UDLA
19th March 2014
- Hill Thalis Architecture + Urban Projects: Speaker Mr Philip Thalis
- Mr Scott Kirby - student presentation