Notes for contributors
Content and scope
The Australian Journal of Educational and Developmental Psychology (AJEDP) is an international peer reviewed electronic journal providing an outlet for reports of interest to researchers and practitioners in the broad areas of educational and developmental psychology. Contributions to the journal may cover reports of empirical, theoretical and review papers and book reviews that have implications for educational research and practice. Brief reports of research in progress may be submitted. Additionally, the editors encourage the publication of practice oriented reports illustrating the application of theory to practice.
The journal will consist of four sections:
- Full research and/or theoretical papers
- Brief reports and work in progress
- Practitioner reports reflecting innovative practices in any educational setting, particularly where such practice is collaboratively undertaken between the educational site and a university or college
- Book reviews
All submissions should follow APA guidelines and be written in English.
- Full research or theoretical papers should be 4000 to 6000 words.
- Brief Reports/Research in Progress and Practitioner Reports may be up to 2000 words.
- Book reviews should be limited to no more than 1000 words.
- The preferred format is Microsoft Word.
- All tables and graphics should be integrated in the paper.
- Where graphics need to be sent separately, authors are requested to indicate the position in the paper for placement of attached figures. The format used for graphics should be stated in the first page of the paper.
- Authors are advised to avoid sexist or offensive language.
- Articles must be presented in an intelligible manner and written in standard Australian English. Prospective contributors whose first language is not English are advised to seek independent editorial assistance before submission.
- An abstract of not more than 100 words should accompany each submission.
- Authors' names, titles, affiliations, with complete mailing addresses, including e-mail, telephone and facsimile numbers should appear only on the first page of the paper. A brief biographical note (50 words) for each author should also accompany the paper. All papers submitted for publication should not currently be under consideration by any other journal nor previously published in any other journal.
- Submissions are to be forwarded by email to email@example.com.
- Please virus check before sending attachments.
All papers submitted for publication will be blind reviewed by two referees. All communication with authors will be via email.
Authors are completely responsible for the factual accuracy of their contributions and neither the Editorial Board of AJEDP nor the University of Newcastle accepts any responsibility for the assertions and opinions of contributors. Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to quote lengthy excerpts from previously published articles.
The AJEDP is published by the School of Education, Faculty of Education & Arts, University of Newcastle. Papers accepted for publication by AJEDP become the copyright of the publisher. Authors retain the right to use their own material for purely educational and research purposes. In all subsequent publications, whether in whole or part, the journal must be acknowledged as the original publisher of the article. All other requests for use or re-publication in whole or part, should be addressed to the Editors.
The publishers waive copyright for educational use of the content of the journal under the condition that the journal must be acknowledged as the original publisher of the article.