Find a Music supervisor
Before you apply, contact a supervisor for discussion on possible research projects. This will allow you to frame your proposal to align with established disciplines and areas of supervisor capacity.
- Professor Frank Millward: The intersection between fine art, music and theatre making; how technology is turning the arts into a fertile ground for innovative research.
- Associate Professor Rosalind Halton: Baroque and classical performance practice, harpsichord and fortepiano, Italian baroque cantata, performance as research
- Dr Jim Chapman: African music, computer mediated learning, jazz and popular music, music education, music and intercultural syncretism, musical rhythm theory, world music
- Dr Philip Matthias: Academics, chamber choir, organ, Australian choral music, Australian sacred and spiritual music, Torres Strait Islander music
- Ms Helen English: Australian music, keyboard, musicology, 19th century music, music and gender, sociology of music
- Mr Nathan Scott (co-supervision): Audio recording and production, cognitive neuroscience of music, creative music production, digital sound synthesis & processing, game music development, ICT literacy in music education, music technology, network music technology (telematics), soundtrack design
- Ms Anthea Scott-Mitchell (co-supervision): Circles, spirals and cello physics; improvisation; martial arts and cello technique; music, meaning and mythology; music, sound and spirituality
- Mr Colin Spiers (co-supervision): music composition and analysis, music composition and piano teaching, music performance
- Ms Sally Walker (co-supervision):Australian music; chamber music; composer/performer collaborations; flute and physiology; flute, piccolo, alto performance and repertoire; historical flutes' performance and repertoire; inter-relation of vocal and flute techniques; inter-disciplinary collaborations; orchestral music; woodwind pedagogy; world music
- Ms Linda Walsh (co-supervision): Chamber music, instructional video, multi-media collaboration, music documentary, oboe, 20th century oboe repertoire, video, woodwind