Information for Students
The industry placement course BUSN3002 provides an opportunity for students to undertake workplace experience relevant to their study.
Completing this course will help give you the edge in the employment market, allow you to apply the theories learned throughout your studies, and build your understanding of contemporary business practices.
BUSN3002 (Industry placement) is a 10 credit elective subject designed to provide students with real-world experience in a business environment.
Students complete 100 hours of supervised placement that enables them to apply knowledge developed throughout their studies and acquire new knowledge and professional networks to support their career readiness.
In addition to the placement, students are required to attend scheduled classes, complete assessment tasks, and complete weekly time/experience reports to the Course Coordinator.
Please visit the Course Handbook for more detailed course information.
Placement opportunities are available at reputable local and national organisations in a range of discipline areas which include;
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Finance and Economics
- Human Resource Management
- International Management
- Sports Management
HOW IT WORKS
- Students submit an expression of interest;
- Once enrolments open, enrol in BUSN3002 for your preferred Semester
- Where possible students to source their own placement
- For those placements available through the Faculty of Business and Law, students will submit an application directly to the host organisation;
- The host organisation then reviews the applications and selects students for interview;
- Student is advised of offer;
- Student confirms acceptance of placement;
- Placement commencement details are arranged between host organisation and student.
We encourage students to seek out their own placement based on their interests, placements are to be developed with – and be contingent on – the approval of the Course Coordinator.
Please note – every effort will be made to assist students with sourcing an appropriate placement. However, placements are not guaranteed, so it is strongly recommend that students select another course as an ‘option B’ and that if a placement has not been confirmed by census date BUSN3002 must be dropped from your enrolment.
Applications are welcome from all students who have completed at least 120 credit points towards their degree (mandatory).
To express your interest in BUSN3002: Placement in Business, please complete the online Expression of Interest form.
Dr Paul Stolk
- For further details, please contact:
Dr Paul Stolk - Course Coordinator