BUSN3002: Industry Placement
Enhance your resume, increase your professional networks and graduate with the skills desired by industry through BUSN3002.
The industry placement course BUSN3002 is offered in 2019 as follows:-
Semester 2 - 30 July until 9 November 2019
The course is designed to provide students with the opportunity to undertake workplace experience relevant to their study. Completing this course will help give students the edge in the employment market, allowing them to apply the theories learned throughout their studies, and build an understanding of contemporary business practices.
Students complete 100 hours of supervised placement which enables them to acquire new knowledge and professional networks to support their career readiness.
In addition to the placement, students are required to attend scheduled classes, complete assessment tasks, and complete weekly time/experience reports to the Course Coordinator. Students will observe and participate in a range of work practices as negotiated between the host organisation, course coordinator, and student.
On successful completion students are awarded 10 credit points towards their degree.
Students will observe and participate in a range of work practices as negotiated between the host organisation, course coordinator, and student. On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge, skills and competencies in a workplace environment;
- Demonstrate acquisition of new skills and knowledge to improve employability;
- Demonstrate development of professional networks for future career development;
- Engage in reflective practices during a work placement to improve personal and business outcomes;
- Appreciate and apply professional behaviour and ethical practices;
- Demonstrate initiative and responsibility for own learning and professional development.
If you are a student interested in undertaking this course please visit Information for Students
The Newcastle Business School is seeking organisations to host undergraduate students for an industry placement in 2019 as part of the elective course BUSN3002 Industry Placement.
Information for Organisations details what is required of hosts that wish to engage with Industry Placement.
For a list of opportunities available to students please visit the CareerHub and search for BUSN3002.