News and events
- As a part of the ARC Project activities, an awareness program was conducted on 7 November 2018 in (Thalakkad Panchayat) in Kerala with the dual purpose of aiming to enlighten farmers on new legislative and policy initiatives and also to invite them to share their farming experience.
- CI Professor Christoph Antons delivered a public lecture on “Intellectual property, agriculture and Free Trade Agreements” at the Jakarta campus of Gadjah Mada University on 14 September. The presentation was hosted and introduced by Professor M Hawin of the Gadjah Mada Law Faculty. He was speaking at a panel on ICH Safeguarding and IP protection.
- CI Professor Christoph Antons was a keynote speaker at the 2nd International Conference on Law, Governance and Globalization organised by the Faculty of Law, Airlangga University, Surabaya on 28 August 2018.
- CIs Professors Kadambot Siddique and Michael Blakeney met farmers at Kerala, India in April 2018.
- CI Professor Christoph Antons and Research Assistants Adline Prihandiani and Sinta Uli visited the Center for Rice Research (Balai Besar Penelitian Tanaman Padi) in Sukamadi and NGOs in Jakarta and Bogor in December 2017.
- Research Assistants Adline Prihandiani and Sinta Uli conducted fieldwork in Bangodua district of Indramayu on 12-16 October 2017.
- CI Professor Yunita Winarto and Research Assistants Adline Prihandiani and Sinta Uli conducted field research at Central Java (Karang Anyar), Indonesia in September 2017.
- CIs Professors Christoph Antons, Yunita Winarto and Dr Greg Acciaoli met farmers at Indramayu, Indonesia in July 2017.