Indonesia-Australia Relations from the Perspective of International Law, Human Rights, and Regional Security
An international conference organised by the Faculty of Law, Airlangga University, Indonesia, and the School of Law, University of Newcastle, Australia
The Faculty of Law, Airlangga University and the School of Law, University of Newcastle cordially invite you to participate in the 2014 International Conference on Indonesia-Australia Relations from the Perspective of International Law, Human Rights, and Regional Security (2014 ICIAR). The Conference will be held in Surabaya, Indonesia on 23-24 September 2014. The conference provides an opportunity for academics, practitioners, government officials, and NGOs to meet, exchange ideas, and discuss emerging issues on the important relationship between Indonesia and Australia.
The Conference will be hosted by the Faculty of Law, Airlangga University, and held at their campus located at Jalan Dharmawangsa Dalam Selatan, Surabaya.
Call for Papers
We invite papers addressing any aspect of the conference theme: Indonesia-Australia Relations from the Perspective of International Law, Human Rights and Regional Security.
We will group papers and allocate panels based on the following broad subject areas.
- International Law;
- Human Rights;
- Regional Security; and
- Other (including environmental law, natural resources, health law, etc.).
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts – between 350-500 words – should be submitted by 15 July 2014. Please submit the abstract online at http://s.unair.ac.id/FormICIAR or by email to email@example.com. Early submission is encouraged.
- Please include the following details when submitting an abstract.
- Panel name (International Law, Human Rights, Regional Security, or Other).
- Decisions will be notified within 14 working days from the date of closure of submissions. Early decisions are possible.
Full Paper Submission Guidelines
- Full papers should be submitted by 1 September 2014. The normal expectation is that papers must be about 15,000 words, excluding footnotes.
- Please submit full paper online at http://s.unair.ac.id/FormICIAR or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Early submission is encouraged.
- The Conference citation style is using AGLC 3 (Australian Guide to Legal Citation 3rd Edition). Please refer to http://www.law.unimelb.edu.au/files/dmfile/FinalOnlinePDF-2012Reprint.pdf for guidance on the citation style.
- The Conference full papers will be published in a conference proceeding.
Deadline for Abstracts Submission
15 July 2014
Deadline for Early Bird Registration and Payment
25 July 2014
Deadline for Full Papers Submission
1 September 2014
Deadline for Registration and Payment
29 August 2014
23-24 September 2014
The conference fee includes a Welcome Dinner which provides a good opportunity for participants to meet and broaden their network.
Some scholarships (financial assistance) are available to presenters that have submitted a paper of outstanding quality, but whom are experiencing some financial hardship in paying the conference fee. Please contact Iman Prihandono email@example.com for further information on how to apply.
The Faculty of Law, Airlangga University, is located at the heart of Surabaya, Indonesia. There are several hotels and inns located near the Campus. Paper presenters and participants need to arrange their own accommodation. Below is a list of some nearby hotels and inns.
- Swiss-Belinn Manyar Surabaya
Address: Jalan Manyar Kertoarjo No. 100, Surabaya 60231
Phone: +62 31 5946868
- Everbright Hotel
Address: Jalan Manyar Kertoarjo No. 44, Surabaya 60231
Phone: +62 31 5967400, 5947658, 5967724, 5953377
- Hotel Santika Premiere Gubeng Surabaya
Address: Jalan Raya Gubeng No. 54, Surabaya 60281
Phone: +62 31 5053636
City Tour (Optional Program)
Surabaya, the second largest city in Indonesia and the home of the largest Naval base in South East Asia, is a bustling metropolis where business, education, culture and heritage meet. It offers unique attractions and landmarks that visitors often find interesting. Therefore, we will organise an optional Surabaya city tour for 2014 ICIAR participants for an additional fee, to be published in August 2014 (at the latest).
- Professor Sandeep Gopalan BCL, DPhil (Oxon)
Dean, Newcastle Law School
- Nurul Barizah, S.H., LL.M., Ph.D
Vice Dean, Faculty of Law - Airlangga University
For further information regarding 2014 ICIAR, please contact:
Adhy Riadhy Arafah (Mr)
Address: International Law Department - Faculty of Law, Airlangga University
Jalan Dharmawangsa Dalam Selatan
East Java, Indonesia
Phone: +62 31 5023151 ext. 134