Call for Papers
The CAUTHE 2018 Organising Committee welcomes Full Research Papers and Working Research Papers via a number of topics relevant to the conference theme Get Smart: Paradoxes and Possibilities in Tourism, Hospitality and Events.. These sub-themes include:
- Digital technologies in tourism, hospitality and events
- Smart cities and smart destinations
- Destination image and branding
- Destination representation and place identity
- The rise and regulation of the sharing economy
- International travel trends and emerging tourist markets
- Indigenous tourism and travel for cultural learning
- Market segmentation for destination policy and planning
- Volunteering, global citizenship and cosmopolitanism
- Tourism, hospitality and events marketing and management
- Methodologies in tourism, hospitality and events research
- Knowledge systems in tourism, hospitality and events
- Tourism, hospitality and events teaching, learning and curricula
Full Research Papers and Working Research Papers that engage the sub-themes outlined above are now invited for submission. We welcome innovative contributions that focus on how tourism, hospitality and events are experienced and developed. We encourage papers on teaching, curriculum and pedagogical research, as well as theoretical and empirical studies relating to tourism, hospitality and events.
All paper submissions must follow the guidelines outlined below. When you submit your paper you will be asked to sign an agreement about the use of the paper. Your paper must be clearly identified as a Full Research Paper or a Working Research Paper. The submission of a paper is an indication of a commitment to attend CAUTHE2018. If a paper is accepted, at least one author must attend the conference to present the paper.
- Full Research Papers Deadline: 20 October 2017
- Working Research Papers Deadline: 3 November 2017
Full Research Papers
Papers submitted in this category are those where research work, or conceptual and theoretical development, is complete. Authors should submit a paper of 4000-5000 words (including references, tables and figures) to be double blind peer reviewed by two referees nominated by the Scientific Committee. All papers must be original submissions that have not already been published.
Full Research Papers close for review: 20 October 2017
Papers submitted to this category are eligible for nomination by referees for the ‘CAUTHE Award for Best Full Paper’. Further details regarding this Award can be found on the CAUTHE website: Best Full Paper http://cauthe.org/services/awards/
Papers submitted in this category by a PhD student on work derived from their study are eligible for nomination by the referees for the ‘Bill Faulkner Memorial Award for Best PhD Paper’. Please note that the student has to be the primary author and the only acceptable co-authors are the student’s registered supervisors. Further details regarding this Award can be found on the CAUTHE website: Bill Faulkner Memorial Award for Best PhD Scholar’s Paper http://cauthe.org/services/awards/
Working Research Papers
Working papers are those for which a substantial amount of the research work, or conceptual and theoretical development, is complete. Authors should submit a paper of 1200-1500 words (including references, tables and figures) to be blind peer reviewed by one referee nominated by the Scientific Committee. All papers must be original submissions that have not already been published.
Working Papers close for review: 3 November 2017
Please follow these guidelines when submitting your paper:
- Full Research Papers should be between 4000-5000 words
- Working Research Papers should be between 1200-1500 words
- Provide the full title of the paper as it will appear in the conference program
- Include a list of authors, First Name, Surname and Institutional affiliation
- Identify which conference sub-theme the paper is aimed and/or the Special Interest Group (SIG) to which the paper contributes
- All papers should include:
- An abstract of approximately 150 word abstract
- A list of 4-6 key words
- An introduction that provides an overview of the paper and the significance of the research
- A literature review that provides the background to the research and outlines the context and/or academic literature that informs the research
- A research approach that describes the broad theoretical orientation and/or methodological approach
- A description and application of the research findings
- A conclusion that provides a summation of the paper and its contribution to tourism, hospitality and/or events education and/or research
All paper submissions must follow these guidelines. When you submit your paper you will be asked to sign the Transfer of Copyright Agreement about the use of the paper. Your paper must be clearly identified as a Full Research Paper or a Working Research Paper. The submission of a paper is an indication of a commitment to attend CAUTHE2018. If a paper is accepted, at least one author must attend the conference to present the paper.
The paper submission system for the CAUTHE 2018 conference is managed by Easychair. Click on the submit your paper link below and you will be taken to the CAUTHE Easychair webpage. If you don't already have one, you will be required to create an easy chair user account that will enable you to log into the site.
I have read and understood the Paper Submission Guidelines
I have read and signed the Transfer of Copyright Agreement
Those authors whose full research papers and working research papers are accepted will have the opportunity to present their work in either an oral or visual presentation format.
Oral presentations will be allocated 20 minutes each (15 minutes for the presentation with five minutes for questions). A Chair will run each concurrent session of presentations. If conference delegates are interested in chairing a session, please contact the Organising Committee at CAUTHE2018@newcastle.edu.au.
Visual presentations will be held in an Ideas Factory with the opportunity to discuss work one-on-one in a creative presentation environment. The Ideas Factory provides delegates the opportunity to present research in a visual form rather than a traditional oral presentation.
To be named as an author, a researcher must have made a substantial scholarly contribution to the work and be able to take responsibility for at least that part of the work they contributed. For example, it is expected that where papers are co-authored by students and supervisors, both parties will have played a substantial role in the research and both should be adequately prepared to answer questions from the conference audience. Authorship should be based on substantial contributions as outlined in the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research (2007) and the Royal Society of New Zealand Publishing policy for all journals.
All papers submitted for review, regardless of the presentation format, will be published in the edited CAUTHE 2018 Conference Proceedings, which will have a dedicated ISBN.
Authors of Working Research Papers can choose whether to have the entire working paper, or only the abstract of the working paper, published in the CAUTHE 2018 Conference Proceedings.
The edited Conference Proceedings will be published on a USB drive and made available to all delegates on arrival at CAUTHE 2018.
When you submit your paper you will be asked to sign an agreement about the use of the paper. By signing the Transfer of Copyright Agreement, you warrant that your paper is the original work of the author(s) and has not been published elsewhere in its present form. You may disseminate copies of your paper, or publish revised and elaborated versions of the paper(s) in relevant journals without asking permission from CAUTHE. The only requirement is that you make reference in the new paper to the original paper as published in the proceedings of the CAUTHE 2018 Conference.
The Transfer of Copyright Agreement must be completed by the corresponding author and submitted before submitting the paper. No paper will be published in the Conference Proceedings unless a transfer of copyright agreement has been received by CAUTHE.