Employment Relations & Human Resource Management Advisory Committee
The ER & HRM Advisory Committee has been operating since August 2008. This Committee brings together academic staff in these areas with a number of senior professional from the Hunter region. The Committee’s Charter lists its objectives as:
- To encourage the development of the Employment Relations and Human Resource Management Discipline
- To provide advice on course development within the ER/HRM discipline, including:
- to assist in the review of existing accredited courses/Programs
- to assist in the development of new courses/programs
- to assist in the development of short courses/executive programs
- To promote University of Newcastle programs
- To assist in the promotion of closer relationships between the University, industry and the wider community
In the ten years of its operation, the priorities within this broad agenda has varied, but some of the Committee’s important contributions have focused on:
- The operation and promotion of work experience for students.
- Review of programs and courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Provision of advice on the development of new courses and programs.
- The marketing of programs.
- The provision of case studies and other practitioner input into the teaching of courses.
- The planning and delivery of site visits for postgraduate students.
- The identification and funding of research projects.
- Facilitation of closer links with professional associations.