Faculty of Business and Law Advisory Board
The Faculty of Business and Law Advisory Board brings an outside perspective and advises on regional, national and international trends. The Advisory Board also has a key role in leading our engagement strategy with industry, business and government, whilst ensuring activities are consistent with the University's strategic aims.
Members of the faculty advisory board are leaders in their respective fields, including UON Alumni. Members support the Pro Vice-Chancellor on strategy and planning to meet the faculty’s research and teaching and learning priorities.
Geoff Crowe – Chair
Geoff joined Port of Newcastle as Chief Executive Officer in July 2015. He has extensive experience in the Hunter region's coal mining sector, having held leadership roles with Port Waratah Coal Services, the operator of two coal terminals within the port, and a number of mining companies.
After joining nib in 2003 as the company's Chief Financial Officer, Michelle is now Group Chief Financial Officer, Deputy Chief Executive Officer as well as Company Secretary of nib holdings limited.
CEO of the Newcastle Airport, Peter is an experienced Senior Executive who has the ability to drive the changes required to ensure that an organisation delivers its full potential.
An Executive Director of the Sydney Business Chamber since 2006, Patricia represents the Chamber on the City of Sydney Retail Advisory Panel and the Sydney Airport Planning Coordination Forum.
Murry is Partner, Private Clients with PWC Newcastle, and has extensive experience in corporate tax, international tax, mergers & acquisitions and business structures.
As Vice President, Global Talent Management with Dell in Singapore, Tiffany is an experienced Human Resources leader with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry.
Richard Anicich is the national leader of the Commercial Disputes and Insolvency practice at Sparke Helmore and a partner in the Construction, Projects & Infrastructure group. He has more than 25 years’ experience in business law, insolvency, commercial litigation, risk management and dispute resolution.
Debbie Hastings is a Deputy Commissioner of Taxation within the Australian Taxation Office. Her responsibilities include the management and prevention of all tax disputes ranging from large multinational companies to small businesses and individuals.
Kyle is Chairman and Director of the NRMA with more than two decades of experience across the community, public and commercial sectors. He has a particular interest and focus in the automobile, infrastructure, emergency services, health, disruptive business, tourism and sport industries.
Role of Advisory Board
The role of the faculty advisory board includes:
- providing independent, strategic advice on:
- emerging industry and sector trends, policies, needs and issues
- areas for innovation and development
- matters regarding currency of the curriculum and accreditation (where applicable)
- identifying opportunities and facilitating the formation of partnerships among industry, business, government and the community to support the faculty’s education and research priorities (including Work Integrated Learning and R&D collaboration);
- assisting the faculty to attract strategic funding (including benefactors, scholarships, grants and research funding);
- promoting the faculty’s achievements, services and needs to regional, national and international communities; and
- engaging with students and alumni.