Information for Students
The industry placement course BUSN3002 provides an opportunity for students to undertake workplace experience relevant to their study.
Completing this course will help give you the edge in the employment market, allow you to apply the theories learned throughout your studies, and build your understanding of contemporary business practices.
BUSN3002 (Industry placement) is a 10 credit elective subject designed to provide students with real-world experience in a business environment.
Students complete 100 hours of supervised placement that enables them to apply knowledge developed throughout their studies and acquire new knowledge and professional networks to support their career readiness.
In addition to the placement, students are required to attend scheduled classes, complete assessment tasks, and complete weekly time/experience reports to the Course Coordinator.
Please visit the Course Handbook for more detailed course information.
Placement opportunities are available at reputable local and national organisations in a range of discipline areas which include;
- Accounting and Finance
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Finance and Economics
- Human Resource Management
- International Management
- Sports Management
HOW IT WORKS
- Students can source their own placement with an organisation (preferred option) OR
- Apply through Career Hub for BUSN3002 Industry Placement opportunities that have been sourced by the Faculty of Business and Law - students will submit an application direct to the organisation and go for interview;
- The host organisation then reviews the applications and selects students for interview;
- Student is advised of offer;
- Student confirms acceptance of placement;
- Placement commencement details are arranged between host organisation and student.
- Once enrollments open, student can enroll in BUSN3002 for your preferred Semester;
We encourage students to seek out their own placement based on their interests, placements are to be developed with – and be contingent on – the approval of the Course Coordinator.
Please note – every effort will be made to assist students with sourcing an appropriate placement. However, placements are not guaranteed, so it is strongly recommend that students select another course as an ‘option B’ and that if a placement has not been confirmed by the second week of semester, BUSN3002 must be dropped from your enrollment.
Applications are welcome from all students who have completed at least 120 credit points towards their degree (mandatory).
Enrollment into BUSN3002 for Semester 1, 2020 will open at the beginning of December, 2019.
Dr Paul Stolk
Director - Work Integrated Learning
For further information, please contact Dr Paul Stolk: email@example.com