Marketing is a critical business activity focused on understanding and engaging the customer to achieve organisational success. It provides an interesting, intellectually challenging and exciting career for graduates including profit companies and non-profit organisations. The demand for marketing skills in industry is very high with many job prospects in Australia and internationally.
With 11 staff members, the Marketing Discipline in the Newcastle Business School is renowned for its application of theory to practice, and the development of new research that infuses our marketing courses to provide the most up-to-date marketing programs. Many members of the Discipline publish in top tier journal publications in consumer behaviour, services marketing and advertising, sit on editorial review board memberships, and win research awards. The Discipline also has research programs including the PhD program and the Honours in Marketing program.
We are recognised for our:
- Unique combination of breadth in knowledge, varied international research perspectives, and diverse industry experience
- Innovative research-based teaching and learning in our NeW Space teaching facility
- International high-calibre research, recognised by the Australian government excellence in research framework as ‘Above world class’
- Marketing Discipline Industry advisory board comprised of senior marketing executives across a range of industry sectors to shape the marketing student experience
- Marketing programs are accredited by the Australian Marketing Institute
- Our marketing graduates take up roles in marketing management, digital marketing, marketing research, brand management, advertising, tourism marketing and entrepreneurs who start their own businesses.
- Marketing discipline is an institutional member of the Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy.
|Stacey Baxter||(02) 4921 6279|
|Jamie Carlson||(02) 4921 5578|
|Fred (Chih-Wei) Chao||(02) 4921 6389|
|Tom Chen||(02) 4921 5047|
|Kym Cowley||(02) 4921 7471|
|Alicia Kulczynski||(02) 4921 6758|
Program Convenor (Master of Marketing)
|(02) 4921 6758|
|Guilherme Pires||(02) 49218698|
|PJ Rosenberger III||(02) 4921 8996|
Program Convenor (Bachelor of Business)
|(02) 4921 8985|
|Jessica Wyllie||(02) 4921 6725|