Keep Studying Open Foundation in 2020
How to calculate your progress
Remember, to successfully complete Open Foundation you need to pass a total of 40 units made up of 4 x 10 unit courses, 2 x 20 unit courses or a combination of any of these.
Check your grades in myHub and use the following to calculate how many units you need to complete Open Foundation:
*Passed units include grades P, C, D, HD, UP or EX. For more information on grade codes click here. Please note you cannot attempt a course again that you have already passed.
Any Fail (FF), Withdraw (WW) or Incomplete (I) grades do not count towards completing your program, you will need to attempt the same course again, or try a different course and pass it.
Your options to continue
Now that you have your units to complete calculated, you have two options:
- Complete the Open Foundation program as soon as possible* - enrol in enough courses needed for you to complete the program in Semester 1 and you could start your undergraduate degree in Semester 2 2020.
- Continue studying part-time* - complete Open Foundation at your pace. Keep track of what year and semester you started to make sure you can complete within the maximum time (4 semesters).
*If you started in Semester 2 2018, you must enrol in enough courses needed for you to complete the program in Semester 1 2020 or you will reach the maximum time of 4 semesters.
- View the list of Open Foundation courses to see what is available in Semester 1 and start considering which courses you want to study.
- Use our prepare to enrol guide to create a draft timetable and plan which courses you'll take in Semester 1.
- Check the important dates below and continue to check your email over the break for more information about enrolment and class selection.
- Talk to your Student Liaison Officer for advice on what to enrol in if you're unsure.
Semester 1 2020 important dates
TUESDAY 10 DECEMBER 2019
10AM THURSDAY 30 JANUARY 2020
MONDAY 24 FEBRUARY 2020
|Semester 1 Enrolment Opens|
Click here for an enrolment guide
|Semester 1 Class Selection Opens|
Click here for a class selection guide
|Semester 1 Classes Begin|
View the University key dates