You Said. We Did
Here's a brief sample of what 'you said' in previous Your Voice surveys, and 'what we did' as a result:
"Improve communication with staff by actively registering staff feedback, and promote better communication across all sections of UoN."
- In the Loop newsletter, 'short takes' on staff webpage, staff screen savers, and From the VC's Desk, NeW Directions email to register staff feedback
- A two-way team briefing system is being introduced to regularly register your feedback
- NeW Directions Implementation Working Party established to build a clear communication strategy which includes two-way communication so that everyone can have a say in corporate planning activities
- VC Town Hall meetings - two at Callaghan and two at Ourimbah, including presentations to every faculty and division throughout 2013
- Website redesigned and launched
- Senior staff 'meet and greet' with all new staff - called Meet your Executive Team
"Increase consultation with staff and encourage their involvement, particularly around decisions which may affect their day-to-day activities."
- Pro Vice-Chancellors, Heads of Schools, and Directors are working with their staff to translate and implement New Directions for their area e.g. Library Newsletter
- Four Hot Topics Forums each for Heads of School and Directors in 2013
"Increase time and effort spent on career planning and ensure there are appropriate opportunities for career progression within UoN."
- Commenced work on improvements to the Performance Development Framework (PDF) and are developing a Leadership Framework to include distinct personal and career planning elements, exploring both current and future needs.
- Benchmarking is underway to build a UoN Professional Development Program
- Development planning discussions following 360 degree feedback piloted for an initial leadership group.
"Build a respectful and collaborative workplace where unacceptable behaviour is not tolerated and ensure that there are effective procedures in place to handle staff complaints."
- Established the Organisational Health working party to address instances or possibility of bullying at the University
- Live website with information and resources to assist in addressing concerns of bullying in the workplace or broader University environment
- Equal Opportunity Online: Fair Play on Campus (launching soon)
- Building a Respectful and Collaborative Workplace (launching soon) to improve processes and empower staff to deal with issues / disputes in the workplace
- Launched Healthy UoN
"Review recruitment and selection processes to ensure UoN and its leaders are clear about the types of people that are required, and match the right people with the right jobs."
- A review of recruitment processes and practices is currently underway so that all candidates have a positive experience, and that we apply best practice to all our activities.