Griffith Duncan Theatre
The Griffith Duncan Theatre is located in the Hunter Building of the University and is recognised as one of Newcastle's premier full performance venues. This theatre has comprehensive facilities to cater for a wide variety of performances and functions.
- 421 square metres.
- Fully airconditioned
- Total seating of 924 which include 292 gallery seats and 632 stall seats.
- 259 square metres with fully motorised main curtain, two hand operated intermediate curtains, flys and legs.
- Spotlights, stage lights, talk back system and communication system are included.
- The stage area includes an orchastra pit with cover and cinema screen.
- Behind the stage are female and male dressing rooms and a make up room.
- Video and data projector
- Computer installed
- PC and Mac laptop connection
- network connection
- VHS player
- 2 OHP's
- 2 35mm slide projectors
- 2 16mm film projectors
- radio and lectern microphones
- hearing aid loop
- Foyer with Kiosk area - available for cocktail parties and small catered functions.
- Hunter Building Concourse - suitable for display purposes or for promotional displays used in conjunction with lecture rooms as a conference package.