SSP Closing Dates 2013
- 1 June 2013, at 5pm, for SSP commencing Semester 1, 2014
- 1 November 2013, at 5pm, for SSP commencing Semester 2, 2014
The Application Form is to be submitted to Human Resource Services as per the following procedure:
- The intention to apply for SSP should be discussed with your Head of School at least 12 months prior to the proposed leave.
- Application Form to be completed by applicant and forwarded to Head of School for comments. At least 2 weeks prior to closing date.
- Head of School to complete recommendation section and return Application Form to applicant.
- Applicant to acknowledge the recommendation from the Head of School (see Section 14 of the Application Form) and forward completed application electronically to the SSP Coordinator , Human Resource Services to SSP@newcastle.edu.au
- Application acknowledged via email from HRS.
- HRS confirm eligibility and identify any policy issues prior to forwarding applications to the Pro Vice-Chancellor and SSP Faculty Committee Members for consideration.
- Applications for SSP > 6 months will be forwarded to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic ) along with a recommendation from the SSP Faculty Committee.
- HRS will notify applicants of the SSP Committee or Deputy Vice-Chancellor decision.
Please ensure all parts of the Application Form are completed, expanding the typing space where necessary and attach a copy of your previous SSP report and invitations. Incomplete applications will not be approved and the SSP Committee may not provide an opportunity for the applicant to provide additional information or clarification..