Departing staff members are invited to have an exit interview before, or shortly after, ceasing duty. The staff member may request to have this interview with:
- a supervisor from within their organisational unit, and/or
- the Equity and Diversity Unit, and/or
- the HR Service Team Assistant Manager, Human Resource Services, and/or
- the Indigenous Employment Co-ordinator, and/or
- a senior member of staff.
An exit interview can provide valuable information to managers on how the organisational unit is perceived by staff members. This can then inform management improvement programs. This information will assist continuous evaluation, quality processes and future development of the University and its staff. These processes will assist employment opportunities and reinforce the University's aim to achieve excellent employment practices.
Participation in an exit interview is voluntary. Confidentiality will be ensured unless the staff member wishes that information be provided to others or that action be taken to facilitate change.
Your willingness to participate is most appreciated.