Frequently Asked Questions
Should I be participating in the Performance Development Framework?
PDF is compulsory for:
- ongoing staff on operating funds (>0.4 FTE)
- staff on operating funds with a contract of 12 months or greater (>0.4 FTE)
PDF is optional for:
- Ongoing staff on operating funds with a service fraction <= 0.4FTE (supervisor can opt out by advising HRO)
- Fixed-term staff on operating funds with a current contract of 12 months or greater and a service fraction <= 0.4FTE (supervisor can opt out by advising HRO)
- Research-only staff on non-recurrent funding
- Professional staff on non-recurrent funding (these staff are strongly encouraged to participate)
- Fixed-term staff on operating funds with a current contract of less than 12 months PDF is compulsory for:
PDF is not compulsory for:
- Staff on long-term leave (6 months or more)
- Probationary staff
- Casual staff
Note: If you fall into the 'not compulsory' category your supervisor may still nominate you to participate in PDF. (This does not apply to probationary or casual staff.)
Should I be using the online system instead of paper forms?
Yes. If you are unsure about whether you use the online system, please ask your supervisor or contact your Human Resource Officer.
Where can I obtain more information/advice about record keeping and records management?
The University's Records Management Office (RMO) provides advice and guidance in relation to the management of all University records. Located in The Chancellery, you can contact the office on extension 15455 or by email email@example.com.
Alternatively you can visit the RMO web pages at http://www.newcastle.edu.au/service/records-management/contact-us.html
The University's Privacy Management Plan also contains more comprehensive information, pertinent to the management of all university records and information. The plan is available from the University's Policy Library at http://www.newcastle.edu.au/policylibrary/000258.html