Nominate now for membership of Academic Senate
We are now calling for nominations for membership of Academic Senate from 1 January 2014. Nominations close 5pm Wednesday 11 September 2013.
Professor Val Robertson, President of the Academic Senate, will retire from the University on 31 December 2013. An election is being conducted to elect a new President for a three-year term commencing 1 January 2014.
The terms of office of a number of other members of Academic Senate will also expire on 31 December 2013. An election is being conducted to fill these positions for a two-year term commencing 1 January 2014.
Election of President of the Academic Senate
- All Professors and Associate Professors are eligible to stand for election and are invited to nominate themselves.
- For a list of Professors and Associate Professors , please refer to http://www.newcastle.edu.au/Resources/Divisions/Services/Human%20Resource%20Services/Key-Appointments/professoriate.pdf
- All academic staff holding a full-time appointment are eligible to vote in the election for the President.
Election of Academic Staff to Academic Senate
- Details of which positions are on offer and who is eligible to self-nominate are all available on the web at http://www.newcastle.edu.au/service/elections.
- When nominating, there is no need identify the position(s) on Academic Senate for which you are nominating. The Returning Officer will allocate nominees to positions for which they are eligible in accordance with the Constitution of the Academic Senate.
Self-Nomination Forms for both these elections may be downloaded from the University's Election Page. They are also available from Mrs Jackie McIntosh, Secretariat (telephone 0249 216565, fax 0249 217417, or email Jackie.Mcintosh@newcastle.edu.au).
Nominations must be sent to the Returning Officer, Secretariat, SC3.19, Student Services Centre NO LATER THAN 5.00PM ON WEDNESDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2013.
If, at the close of nominations, more than one valid nomination has been received for any vacancy, a preferential ballot will be conducted by electronic ballot from Monday 23 September 2013. Voting will close Tuesday 8 October 2013.
Membership of Faculty Boards
We will be conducting the Faculty Board elections AFTER we know the outcome of the Senate elections.
If you are interested in being a member of Faculty Board, and are worried that you might miss the Call for Nominations, you don't need to wait. You can simply send an email to Jackie.Mcintosh@newcastle.edu.au saying that you're interested and we will add you to the Register of Intending Members. Then when the Faculty Board election period approaches, we will contact you directly to invite you to nominate.
Contact: Mrs Jackie McIntosh, Secretariat (phone 16565, fax 17417 or email Jackie.Mcintosh@newcastle.edu.au).
Ms Martene Archer
University Secretary and Director Council Services and Chancellery