Videoconferencing: helping us connect
University conferencing facilities have received a significant boost with the injection of approximately $2 million over the past year to enhance capabilities.
The Centre for Teaching and Learning's Teaching Spaces Support group has worked to improve videoconferencing facilities across various University locations. These improvements includes:
- High definition (HD) video quality
- Additional LCD Monitors in upgraded venues to enable better 'eye contact' with linked participants
- Dual projection systems in some venues allow for a larger, clearer image of other conference participants
- New step pads to automatically control conference camera pan, tilt and zoom to tight or out to wide-screen shots
- Events that utilise videoconference facilities may be recorded and made available for target audiences
Check out the list of rooms below that now cater for videoconferencing. This improved technology will make it easier for us to connect and record presentations for students and colleagues at other campuses.
The following rooms are available for video conferencing:
- HB 15
- HB 13
- GP 101