Have your Say on 2013 Academic Policies
Over the past three years Academic Senate has been undertaking a project to streamline its policy instruments (including Rules, policies and procedures). Whilst the high level Rules and schedules are intended to be immutable and subject to a five year review cycle, the underpinning policies and procedures are updated annually.
Edits have now been made to the key policy documents for 2013 in response to feedback received to date.
- Admissions and Enrolments
- Program Management
The specific changes will be listed at the front of each procedure manual but they include:
- strengthened English Language Proficiency requirements for all new students,
- inclusion of additional steps to triagestudents who are failing to maintain academic satisfactory progress;
- strengthened external review of programs; and
- new dates for submissions of new and revised programs.
A new policy suite has also been developed for Courses and Assessment.
Members of the University Community are now invited to review and comment on the 2013 versions of these important academic policies. Go to Academic Senate Matters to download the latest versions and have your say!
Feedback will be accepted up to 18 September 2012.
A tentative Forum date has been set of Thursday 13th Sept - 1 - 2.30 pm in HB15. Anyone planning to attend should register their interest at email@example.com
We will confirm the date as soon as possible and let you know.
We look forward to seeing you there!